JAMES E. PARRIS, JR.
Mr. Parris has over 35 years of experience in the areas of master planning, design, architecture, and construction. Mr. Parris experience includes the oversight of multi-million dollar projects, management of numerous employees in several different companies, and creation of award winning projects in multiple cities. Mr. Parris is highly motivated and driven to manifest excellence at each level of the project. He has keen insight in the areas of progressive design strategies, construction supervision, performance analysis, cost estimating, and cost control.
Licenses/ Specialties/ Technical Strengths:
- Licensed Architect - Certified by N.C.A.R.B as an architect in 48 states.
- State of Florida Certified General Contractor
- Interior Design Professor - The Art Institute of Jacksonville
- Leadership Development Trainer/ Community Activist
- Experience in every major building code authority in the U.S.; including buildings systems and types
Education: University of Florida
- Bachelor of Design in Architecture, with honors
- Master of Arts in Architecture
- Master of Arts in Urban and Regional Planning
The Parris Company (TPC): (1997 to Present)
- Senior Architect, responsible for client projects from initial design concept to project delivery
- Fiscal manager, master planner, permitting coordinator, & lead estimator
- Supervise the development of Construction Documents and Specifications
- Construction Division manager, oversight of field issues and project coordination
- Graphic designer, architectural renderer, conceptual illustrator
- Belk Building Renovation Project, Regency Square Mall, Jacksonville, Florida
- Global Outreach Academy Educational Facility, Jacksonville, Fl.
- Northside Community Center Project, Jacksonville, Fl.
- Mount Sinai Christian Assembly Church Renovation, Jacksonville, Fl.
- New Duval County Main Courthouse Project, Jacksonville, Florida
- Beach Boulevard Office Building, Jacksonville, Fl.
- Open Arms Christian Fellowship New Sanctuary Facility, Jacksonville, Fl.
- Jacksonville Main Public Library Project, Jacksonville, Florida
- Edgewood Office Building, Jacksonville, Fl.
- Community Rehabilitation Center, Administration Building, Jacksonville, Florida
- Enterprise Center Downtown Office Building Complex, Jacksonville, Fl.
- Summerville Baptist Church New Sanctuary Project, Jacksonville, Florida
- LaVilla Performing Arts Middle School, Consultant for The Haskell Company
- National Football League Stadium Super Bowl XXXIX Up Grades, Jacksonville, Florida
- Jacksonville Aviation Authority (JAA) New Administration Building Project, Jacksonville, Fl.
- Care Center Community Assisted Living Facility, Jacksonville, Florida (Design Award)
- Southpoint Church New Sanctuary Project, Jacksonville, Florida
- The Church Fellowship Scotty's Store Renovation, Jacksonville, Fl.
- City of Jacksonville Northwest/Southwest Master Plan in conjunction w/ EDAW of Atlanta
- Mount Bethel Baptist Church Family Life Center, Jacksonville, Florida
- Impact Church, Phase I, II, III. IV 2nd Floor Expansions, Fellowship Hall &
- Southside Church of God in Christ New Sanctuary Project, Jacksonville, Florida
- Lakeshore Middle School Expansion, Duval County School Board, Jacksonville, Fl.
- Police Athletic League Regional II Park Facility and Fields, Jacksonville, Fl
- Faith Christian Center, Jacksonville, Florida,
- Northwestern Middle School Expansion, Duval County School Board, Jacksonville, Fl.
- Church of Love Faith Center Renovation Project, Rochester, NY
- Bethel Baptist Institutional Church Sanctuary & Family Life Center
Reynolds, Smith and Hills (1983 - 1987)
Company Structure: Architects, Engineers, Planners
Location: Jacksonville, Florida Position: Architect and Project Coordinator
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attended client meetings, develop client design concepts and presentation drawings
- Produce construction documents, specifications and develop company drawing standards
- Process shop drawings and coordinate with construction field personnel
- Lauderdale International Airport, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
- Jacksonville International Airport, Jacksonville, Florida
- First Baptist Church Pre-school/Recreation/Cafeteria Building, Jacksonville, FL
- First Baptist Church Parking Garage, Jacksonville, Florida
- The Park Shopping Center, Orange Park, Florida
- University Hospital (UF/Shands), Trauma One Emergency Center, Jacksonville, Florida
- NASA (9) Building Space Shuttle Assembly & Refurbishment Facilities, Titusville, FL
- Peoples Gas Headquarters Office Building, Jacksonville, Florida
- University of North Florida Student Dormitory Project, Jacksonville, Florida
- Homestead Air Reserve (AFB) Renovation, Homestead, Florida
- Anastasia Plaza Shopping Center, St. Augustine, Florida
- Mandarin Emporium Center, Jacksonville, Florida
- Solid Waste Recovery Plant Project, Collier County, Naples, Florida
- High Rise Office Building Project, Destin, Florida
- Shriner's Morocco Temple Historic Renovation Project, Downtown Jacksonville, Florida
- NASA Facilities Upgrades, Titusville, Florida
- Greenville South Carolina Airport Project, Greenville, South Carolina
- Florida Steel Corporation Headquarters Office Building, Jacksonville, Florida
The Haskell Company: (1987 to 1997) +
Company Structure: Architects, Engineers & Contractors
Location: 111 Riverside Avenue Jacksonville, Florida
Position: Project Architect, Project Principal, Project Coordinator & Construction Project Manager
- Architect, designer, project team leader, project coordinator and field inspector
- Reviewed client project criteria and interpretation of client's program requirements
- Managed construction documents and issued the documents for bidding and permitting
- Processed field orders, RFI's, change orders, and RFP's; onsite construction project manager
- Coordinate Owner's record drawings and closed out of project A/E files
- National Football League (NFL) Stadium Project, Jacksonville, Florida
- Center for Disease Control Main Office Building Project, Atlanta, Georgia
- Duval County School Board, Twin Lakes Middle School, Jacksonville, Florida
- Brevard County Titusville High School Renovation project, Titusville, Florida
- Brevard County Pinewood Elementary School Project, Titusville, Florida
- Duval County School Board, Baymeadows Middle School, Jacksonville, Florida
- Northern California Retired Officers Community, Fairfield, California
- Dade County School Board Projects, Miami, Florida
- Broward County New River Middle School Marine Magnet, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida (Design Award)
- Falcons Landing, Air Force Retired Officers Community, Sterling, Virginia
- Kraft Foods Processing Plant, Dallas, Texas and Chicago, Illinois
- University of Miami, Office Building and 827-Car Parking Structure, Coral Gables, Florida
- Cargill, Incorporated, Cooked Product Plant, Dawson, Georgia
- Cargill, Incorporated, Poultry Processing Plant Expansion, Jacksonville, Florida
- The Quaker Oats Company, Food Processing Plant, Louisville, Kentucky
- Ames Department Stores, Inc., 1.2 million sq. ft. Distribution Center, Reading, Pennsylvania
- Retired Naval Officers, Fleet Landing Life Care Community, Mayport, Florida
- Volusia County Courthouse and Criminal Justice Center, Daytona Beach, Florida (Design Award)
- Frito-Lay, Inc., Plant Expansion, Lubbock, Texas
- United States Postal Service Mail Processing Center, Manatee County, Florida
- Mazda Motors of America, Office & Distribution Center, Richmond, Virginia
- CSX Realty, Inc., Summit at Southpoint, Jacksonville, Florida
- Walt Disney World Company Consolidated Storage Facility, Orlando, Florida
- Richmond Cold Storage Co., Inc., Freezer Warehouse, Richmond, Virginia
- NCR Corporation, Worldwide Service Parts Center, Atlanta, Georgia
- Hotel Renovation Project, Montego Bay, Jamaica
Planning Experience: (1980 - 1983)
City of Gainesville, Florida, Department of Planning & Community Development
Position: Community Planner/Urban Designer
- Assisted with the city's Comprehensive Plan & Downtown Streetscape Master Plan
- Created Gainesville's parking layout, landscaping & site design regulations
- Designed Neighborhood Revitalization Plan (implemented by City Council in 1981)
- Assisted with development of Downtown Urban Design & Streetscape Master Plan
- Worked on Gainesville's Comprehensive Plan 2000
- Assisted with addressing community issues and attended community meetings
- Assisted with the development of city federal grant applications for community improvements